The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) is an international, membership driven organization, based in Brussels. With more than 500 member organizations from academia, business, public service and consultancy in 65 countries, EFMD acts as a catalyst to promote and enhance excellence in management development in Europe and worldwide.
For further information about EFMD visit: www.efmd.org
What we do
EFMD has over 30 years of experience in the coordination of projects & activities that fosters an active dialogue and exchange between companies and academic organizations, in and beyond Europe. In a proactive manner it contributes to a search for, and generation of, new ideas for a continual enhancement of management thinking and practices.
- Provides a context and environment that leads to professional networking and bridges the divide between the academic & business world.
- Maintains a series of on-going activities enabling its members to learn, share and network which helps contribute to a better understanding of the continual changes in the business and management education environments.
- Runs the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), which is one of the leading international systems of quality assessment, improvement, and accreditation of higher education institutions in management and business administration. Its fundamental objective, linked to the mission of EFMD, is to raise the standard of management education worldwide. EQUIS is not primarily focused on the MBA or any other specific programme. Its scope covers all programmes offered by an institution from the first degree up
to the Ph.D. EQUIS has established its prestige and recognition worldwide. In the years since its inception, EQUIS has accredited 89 institutions in 28 countries.
- Runs the EFMD Programme Accreditation Scheme (EPAS), which provides international programme accreditation to make the global market for programmes more transparent to the benefit of prospective students, employers and national higher education regulation agencies.
- Runs the Corporate Learning Improvement Process (CLIP), a unique certification for corporations that focuses on identifying the key factors that determine quality in the design and functioning of internal corporate universities and learning organisations.
- Runs the Certification for e-Learning (CEL), which is a newly launched project that aims to raise the standards of e-Learning programmes world-wide.
- Manages international projects in Asia, CIS and the Arab World and has strong relationships with sister associations in Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Central America, United States, Canada & Australasia
- Has been committed to entrepreneurship education for more than 30 years; recently it has reinforced its support to this cause through the formation of an enlarged network called the “Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Small Business Network” in recognition of the fact that entrepreneurship and innovation are the key drivers for wealth and job creation and that the development of an enterprise culture is one of the major goals for the European community.
- The Global Responsibility Initiative – endorsed by the United Nations Global Compact – focuses on how to handle global challenges and develop a new generation of globally responsible leaders and managers.
For the first time a group of business schools and companies from all parts of the world will address these issues together. The outcomes have the potential to lead the way for others on a global basis, by producing dominant practices, stakeholder meetings, publications and workshops.
Back to About GFME.